Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How I sharpen my pencils.

I never like to use a pencil sharpener.

Why ? Well, I can get a sharper pencil and waste less graphite when I do this.
More importantly,  by shaving my pencil, I can carve a wider graphite surface. This allow me to draw without exhausting my point, maintaining and reserving the the sharpness only for the sharpest edge

Typically, I sharpen with a pen knife until it is quite sharp

I make use of a sanding block to get it closer to the point i need. You may store the graphite powder in a container when you do this. Saving precious graphite along the way.
There isn't a better tutorial than this one I found on youtube by Karl's Gnass. He is a top notch Artist with a series of excellent tutorial on drawings :) . Happy Drawing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment