Saturday, March 21, 2015

Planning for a Cross-America Painting Trip - Part four (4) Proposal and Grant submission

I finally completed my proposal, ran through an editor and finally submitted them to a few places.

I submitted for the creation grant under NAC this round. Project date may be a tad late.

Here are the things I included in my proposal:
  1. Project Description
  2. Background
  3. Planning Activities
  4. Time Line 
  5. Expected Results and Benefits
  6. Budget

A screen shot of my proposal
I also written to a few companies and packed them a  'Perfect Sketchbooks'. Postage to America was costly.
Writing to corporations for sponsorship.  Giving what I have in hope of help

Though this strategy may never work, I just have to try.
So far I have written to
  • Foundations (Grants)
  • Airlines (Flight)
  • Car Rentals (Road)
  • Hotel Groups ( Accommodation)

Positive news
:
  • The good news !!! I know of two companies who are interested to lend me a bit of helping hand. Personally, I think its such a wonderful/cheap opportunity for companies to engage with passionate individuals who are going out there, doing something. Too often, people pay way too much for negativity or neutrality.
  • I learn so much from writing this proposal. Just like a graduate thesis, its an opportunity to deal with fear, uncertainties and to triangulate about what you really want and can do..
Whats ahead :
  • I will wait a little bit for the news from the Art Council, Foundations and companies
  • If all else fails, I have decided to sink all my savings to build a customized Van from scratch just to fulfill this dream.
  • I may crowd-source as this draw closer to the dates (August). In the mean time, I will begin writing the book, 'In-Transit'. I may distribute this electronically for free through the internet. 
  • Concurrent to these, I have submitted applications for various residencies abroad for the year 2016. Yup. I spent so much time writing these days.
Major Obstacles :
  • Currency- The US Dollar is climbing too rapidly against the Singapore Dollar.
  • Insurance in America - Though I can get my friend to purchase a van for me. I may not be able to get the insurance coverage for the vehicle, since I'm a foreigner. I am looking into this now.




No comments:

Post a Comment