Friday, December 25, 2015

AIAV fellowship 2015, Mito, Part 2

As soon as settle into AIAV. I started to paint.
Painting started on day 2


The conditions haven't been ideal for the past two weeks for Plein Air but I did manage to sneak in 3 on-site sessions throughout the two weeks. Its been raining, snowing and raining . Twice, I got my feet completely soaked while walking back from Mito. 

I patron Mito almost daily but only until I met Naoya (fellow resident artist), did I realized that I have been biking the super long route there. Literally more than twice the distance... 

First snowfall at AIAV. its been mostly rain and the weather is struggling to freeze
Mentally, its a struggle to bike up and down to Mito. However, if you abandon that goal and just immerse with the nature and beauty around? You get to your destination in no time. 
There;s a nice river that runs across Mito. You get to see a bunch of ducks and cranes hanging out..chilling. 
Groceries !!!! Workout pay off. Now its time to plan the amount I can bring back ?
They sell whale meat in the groceries store here :(. I was told that this has been a tradition since Beef was scarce in the past. Poor whale :*(
A shop that lived off photography for more than 3 generation. Notice that Antique camera on the left ? 
food !!!!!

scenes I bike pass as I climb my way  back to AIAVwith Kumiko

An Auto repair shop with a distinct cute car 
Kumiko and me also pass by a love hotel in the middle of the mountain daily. Great spot for love
I patron this place soo many times before realizing there is another awesome restaurant further down the road
People at Mito takes care of their environment and her habitat. Mother nature is safe here


couldn't paint outdoors with the cold and rain and all. Complete work in the studios instead
first painting done at AIAV.. just warming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment