Saturday, December 26, 2015

AIAV Fellowship part 3, The facilities at AIAV

For this post, I am going to write about the facilities here at AIAV.
Akiyoshidai International Art Village with nice day light.
This isn't comprehensive because I didn't access everything.
Apart from studio rooms, they do have dark rooms, concert halls and musical instruments :)

The main building is like a giant cube that utilized its walls as amplifiers for the open stage. There is also another open stage at the back of the main building. I was told that wild boars like to appear at the back. ;)

Open stage. Anyone?

beautiful light & shadows at AIAV







Open stage in the center. I stood here and hear the sound and echo of water dripping down the stairs. Its nice
The back of main building also double an open stage. A favorite among the wild boars I heard.

At the accommodation building, there is a nice library right next to the main kitchen. The library portal has 4 squares that draw in natural light during day. It’s quite an interesting design. The Kitchen is loaded with all the cooking utensils you will ever need. This area is where I get my wifi connections.
See that 4 pods that seems to interact with one another ? They draw in day light for the library. This is the main entrance to the accommodation building    

kitchen got everything

kitchen


Studios are at the main building and over here; I can get connected via LAN. This is how I am writing these. I didn't manage to get a SIM card this trip. There are 3 main studio halls on level two and we made use of these rooms to conduct workshops. As part of my fellowship, I conducted a watercolor workshop here at the main studio 1 on level 2.

studio where I painted from.


Studio where I conducted my exchange workshop


 There is also nice gallery space in the main building where we can exhibit our works. Nights on weekends are usually quite alive with teenagers checking in, practicing their instruments.

The Gallery Space

The Amazing Team at AIAV


No comments:

Post a Comment